Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Poorly colored demon



O hello every1
I am currently in mexico enjoying the badass weather and enjoying numerous, long forgotten substances.
ok all i do is read and drink my chocolate milk but hey


I spent this morning doing different color tryouts with a single character. coloring is without a doubt my biggest weakness as an artist at the moment... I know plenty of color theory but I have a tendency to enjoy OBNOXIOUSLY COLORED-in your face artwork from other people, and whenever i try to emulate that i REALLY. dont really know what im doing. its fun though.


This is a ink, pencil and white conte drawing i doodled while waiting for my flight back home. its an old sketch that i just thought would be cool to keep working on to kill some time

scanned, worked on the lineart





to a certain extent, i like the way the grainy pencil marks look. especially in childrens books (not that this guy would be a suitable cast for such a thing)









i dont really like the way these last 2 look. theres something missing. I think im reaching the end of one of those cycles where your art starts to completelly suck then you realize whats wrong with it and fix it (You LEVEL UP, as my other artist friend likes to say).



No comments:

Post a Comment